Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Repaired Vista Clean-up

I need some help from the experts. This vista tom is part of a set I picked up some time ago. Obviously the shell has been repaired at some point (not by me) but the repairer left the glue run and left streaks as shown in the picture that run on the exterior and interior of the shell. It is still a very playable drum however not very appealing cosmetically. My question is…what would be the best way to attempt to clean-up the glue streaks? Wet sand and several rounds of Novus treatment? Whoever repaired it used good glue or maybe even plastic weld, lined the edges up nicely but just didn’t care about the streaks. I know the crack will always be visible but I want to make it look as good as possible and play it with the set as intended. What advice/tactics do you guys have?

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Did you do anything with this drum to clean it up? I would have agreed with wet sanding and Novus as the best method although I don't have any experience here.

Scott

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here