Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

repaired reinforcement ring/vintage tom

I promise—my last noobie question...for the week! ;)

I'm looking at a set (1960 Ludwig Super Classic) where the rack tom (9x13) 's top reinforcement ring has been "professionally repaired."

It's across the country so I can't actually see it with my own two eyes. From the picture he sent, it looks okay. It's being sold by a well-known drum dealer.

Considering the age of the drum: Is this repair something I should be worried about? Or is it a case of "It can happen to any vintage drum at anytime"?

Just trying to figure out if this is something I should be wary about or shouldn't give it a second thought....

THANK YOU!!

Posted on 14 years ago

The rings do occasionally come loose and need to be reglued. It really isn't that big of a job, and if it was done "professionally" it will probably be ok. You might want to check into whether or not the edge was recut at the same time.

Posted on 14 years ago

From deadhead

The rings do occasionally come loose and need to be reglued. It really isn't that big of a job, and if it was done "professionally" it will probably be ok. You might want to check into whether or not the edge was recut at the same time.

Or maybe someone shortened the depth of the drum, recut the edge and reinstalled the rering. Make sure the size of the drum is era accurate.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here