Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Renovation/Modification of a Rogers Classmate or Student snare

[COLOR="DarkRed"]There have been a few queries on these snares, as they tend to go quite cheap, unlike any other old Rogers snare. The reason being, of course, that it has single-point thru-rod lugs so can only achieve equal tension tuning to both heads. No muffler, and the throwoff is old-school Rogers, pre-clockface.

Before shot is of a typical one. Usually just painted single-color finish, sometimes wrapped, though. These tend to have either the eagle badge or the oval white badge.

However, the shell, hoops and bearing edges are pure Rogers. I usually pluck 'em for under $80 and then I have a great snare shell which I install Ego lugs on...no drilling of new holes needed.

Not the most exciting of rehabs, but a good way to end up with a players Rogers snare drum if you are willing to shell out for the lugs (albeit history buffs wouldn't approve)....just figured I'd share...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

How does it play?

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Quite nicely...as I said, in most instances with these, the shells are in great shape and as long as the original edges are good, they are great sounding thin-shell snares....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here