Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Removing sticky residue from inside shell

Hello all. I'm trying to approach the removal of sticky residue from velcro used for anchoring muffling inside a bass drum shell. The shell is in fact an early DW kit that I picked(not really vintage, but old enough!) The inside of the shell is unpainted maple. What can I use to safely remove this stuff? Thanks.

Larry

Posted on 15 years ago

I have used rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to clean large amounts of duct tape adhesive residue off wraps and heads. Not sure what it would do on bare wood???

Just tossing it out there for consideration. The alcohol still took some elbow grease but it worked.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Ice cubes then try to flake it off when it is good and cold. This would keep the bare wood from getting too saturated with a chemical or liquid. Think gum in a kid's hair and you get the idea here.

Hope it helps.

drumhack Mister Tflowers2flower:):o

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 15 years ago

I've used GOO GONE with excellent results.

Posted on 15 years ago

If it's sticky, I rub the back of my cat against it. This puts a thick layer of hair on the spot. All that's left to do is shave it. I have a triple blade unit that does the job very well. This has been a very effective method through the years.

Posted on 15 years ago

I second the Goo-Gone method...very effective....more effective than the cat-rubbing method I've found....Falling Do

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here