Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Removing Slingerland Clamshell Strainer

Hi guys,

Ok, well I am trying to give my Super Gene Krupa snare a good cleaning, but am having some trouble removing the clamshell strainer from the shell. I've removed the two screws that attached the stainer from the inside of the shell. I cannot figure out how to remove the bolt with the spring on it. I thought if I removed the two nuts from the end of the bolt than i would be good to go. However, when i try to remove them, the entire bolt spins. I'm not all that much of a handy person. Can anyone explain how they have removed this piece in the past?

As always - thanks for any help!

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago

Hmmm... I think I got one apart in the basement.. let me go digging see what I can find.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

You can't take them off at the same time. Also, you can use a wash cloth doubled over and put that around the tension knob, then use some plyers to GENTLY hold the tension knob while you unscrew one nut at a time.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 14 years ago

Got it thanks!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here