Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Removing glue from inside Supra

Some clown glued felt, most likely many years ago, inside my early 70s (no serial #) COB Supraphonic and I've tried Goo-Gone and Goof-off to no avail - any ideas? Thanks.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

When glue is on medal, I’ve heard WD-40 will soften it and get through it, so it can be rubbed off. It’s worth a try. Edit-You've got to spray it on and let it sit for sometime, depending on how thick the glue is. Try over night.

“In fact your pedal extremities are a bit obnoxious”. – Fats Waller
Posted on 14 years ago

WD-40 to loosen it helps. I've used Brake Cleaner to finish the job once the glues is showing...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

My take since i did something similiar, take a razor blade the kind with a blunt edge on one side (the kind used for scraping) and very carefully cut the felt as close as you can to the metal without scratching the metal then take acetone or brake cleaner or whatever you are going tom use and soak the now exposed glue that should work..

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks all, soaking it in WD 40 now then I'll pick up some brake cleaner and let you all know

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow, what a chore that was! After soaking it in WD40 I scraped off what I could with a wood scraper then used the brake cleaner and that did take the rest off with more scraping. Man, whatever glue this guy used was killer. Thanks again for the tips.

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here