Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Removing Chrome-O

Anyone have any good tips for removing chrome-o wrap? I have a heat gun that I use for removing regular wrap and it works great on the plastic stuff, but the chrome is giving me problems. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to peel the chrome off of an 8" tom and I only got about 1/3 of the way around the shell. I've got 5 other shells to do and I can't even get through the smallest one. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ooof. I have had the same experience, and it took a hella long time. I just had to be patient and take a lotta breaks.

After that...I never bought that chrome-wrapped stuff again.Mister T

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Yea, I kinda figured I would just have to suck it up and do some work. I've never even really look at chrome-o stuff, but I got a nice deal on a Slingy set that I used for parts on another restoration. Now I have these shells sitting in the garage and I want to do something with them. I've got a guy lined up to cut the bottom edges for me to convert the concert toms, but I need to get this wrap off first.

Posted on 14 years ago

I bought one of those once.......once! LOL! The chrome was actually stainless steel....and even with a heat gun I managed to damage the outer ply of the shell badly enough that I junked it. My suggestions, go slowly, because if you damage the outer ply, the drum is useless.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here