Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Removing Chrome from Supra

I just picked up a 6.5x14 Supra Monro badge. It has some pitting and pealing. I bought this one to do a project. I'm going to black out the entire drum with gloss black powdercoat and put a P-86 on it. Should be really cool. My question is what is the best way to prep for powdercoat? I don't want to leave all the chrome on and have it peal under the powdercoat.

Posted on 12 years ago

When I had my pitted Supra powder coated (black) they sand-blasted it first, not to remove all the chrome, but to clean up the pitting and give a good surface for the powder coating.

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 12 years ago

Sandblasting will definately be the ticket to removing the finish. I had some chrome drum parts in bad shape and sandblasted them with walnut shells and ground up corn husk and it took every bit of the chrome off and back down to bare metal.

Posted on 12 years ago

excellent! thanks

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here