Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Remo Renaissance VS. Fiberskyn

I have been a Remo coated ambassador guy for quite some time, but am currently restoring a 1951 Leedy & Ludwig kit, and was thinking about going for something a little more calf-like.

I have never used either the Renaissance nor Fiberskyn and would like to hear some feedback as to the differences, positive/negative aspects of these heads.

Any help (that can't regularlly be found on Remo's website) would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 16 years ago

PK,

I have used the Fiberskyn on snares only, and I love the sound. Very earthy and warm. I intend on using them for my toms and floor toms for my Ludwig set when I get the money. I can only imagine what they will do for my toms....On the negative side for Fiberskyn, when it wears down in the center it starts to peel in layers or "fibers".

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here