Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Remember soloing?

Im not talking about fills,or trading 4,s.Is anyone still doing the old fashioned solo where the band leaves the stage for a beer and leaves you alone for about 10 minutes?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Kinda funny you asked that. I don't hear or see that anymore. Band would go have a cold one while you got in the groove, zoned out and just played your art. Great feeling, shirt soaking wet in a hot dive but felt like you were alive. It was back in the late 60s and early 70s for me. I miss those days.

I love these kindred souls,

Robert

Posted on 14 years ago

Ah Yes! The good old days. Us old guys still do some gigging for mostly baby boomer dances and the other fellows will still leave me by my self to do or die.

I still have fond memories of doing solos thru the years. I remember my first was something called seventeen,five or 17.5, just me and the keyboards( Hammond B3 with two Leslies ) on stage. If you are old enought you will remember 17.5 and I knew every lick. I thought that was cutting edge at the time but boy was I suprised having to learn so many new timings.

TOM - Drummer

Posted on 14 years ago

There are still a few heavier bands out there that still do drum solo's, Arch Enemy (Daniel Erlandsson) , Children of Bodom (Jaska Erlandsson) . just to name a few.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here