Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Remanufacture Ludwig Speed Master Pedal Part

I recently purchased a vintage Ludwig Speed Master (the red version) online. Somehow the seller managed to misplace the hook that attaches the spring to the axle (since it was present in the online photos but not when it arrived to me). That, or it fell out of the box during shipping. This is quite possible due to the shape of the original hook which doesn't close fully at either end which would have prevented it from being lost when the pedal was in the folded position. I realize that many pedals have used this type of hook over the years but this pedal was all original when I bought it and I would like to return it to original if possible. The things that strike me as different about this hook are that it is open on either end and that it appears to be made of thicker stock than one from any other pedal I've owned. So...

I am looking to make a replacement of the hook that attaches the spring to the axle "pulley" from a Ludwig Speed Master. Ludwig may have used this exact hook on other pedals over the years. So I am posting the best cropped images I could get from the original online images of my pedal with the spring intact for reference.

If anyone has an all original Speed Master that they could remove the hook and take a clear straight on photo and post the pic along with the height and width of the hook, I could look for a steel rod to bend my own replacement.

Thanks

2 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

I found this Yamaha part online at Guitar Center.

Might work. 3 bucks.

Yamaha*Foot Pedal Spring Ring *

Item #:*

Spring ring for Yamaha foot pedals. Fits all models.

Yamaha Foot Pedal Spring Ring

$3.00

4.5(2)

1 attachments
BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 7 years ago

Try this site. They are usually pretty good for Ludwig replacement parts

https://drumsonsale.com/parts/ludwig-parts.html

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I just sent a message to drumsonsale. I had also ordered a couple different styles of Yamaha spring rings from an online vendor late last week (the above mentioned one being one of them). They should arrive soon. I have also reached out to another online seller about the one on the current Ludwig pedal L415FPR. It looks almost identical. I still wouldn't mind finding an original.

Posted on 7 years ago

Never heard back from drumsonsale.com. But thanks to member 2manydrums I received an original Ludwig part to replace my lost one.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here