Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Reliable Drum Wrap Dealer

Hello everyone once again.

I have a huge project on my hands in the upcoming weeks/months.

I will be re-wrapping a bunch of drums that I bought strictly for their dimensions. They are all various finishes from butcher block, sparkle, oyster, and cortex. I want to strip them of these finishes and match all of them with one another for obvious reasons. They are all matching interiors with reinforcement rings and mufflers.

My question to all of you is - Is there a drum wrap dealer that is reliable and stands out above the rest in terms of service, quality, selection? I've checked out Jammin' Sam, Precision drum, Drummaker.com. They all have something to offer. I thought that Jammin' Sam was the best, but read somewhere on this forum not too long ago that their hi-bond tape was horrible. That totally changes everything for me.

I'm pretty sure that someone on here has ordered wrap at some point.

Any recommendations?

Thanks very much for any help offered.

Take care.

Posted on 15 years ago

I've wrapped several kits with JamminSam stuff. I've never had a single issue. It's excellent wrap. Very high quality. As far as the tape - I've no idea what those people are referring to. The tape I've used has been outstanding. If you have a concern, then order a roll of hi-bond tape from drummaker.com and put it in the center of the wrap. It's only 30-ish bucks and would put your mind at ease. Seriously, Sam's stuff is great. Several kits - no problems.

Posted on 15 years ago

I've used both jamminsam and precision....the quality of the wrap is about the same (good) but I think precision has a better selection and the shipping was cheaper for me too since I'm on the east coast. I've done both the tape method and the contact cement method and to be honest I prefer the end result with the contact cement over the tape. Tape is easier to do, but I have found that jamminsam's tape is only so-so. Doesn't seem to hold up as well as they claim. The 3M contact cement that precision recommends is a superior bond (also its a water based cleanup and doesn't have a strong odor like the old fashioned stuff does aka DAP weldwood), but is also more permanent. So, you better be sure this is the wrap you want for a long time because its tough stuff to remove once its bonded.

Just my :2Cents:

Posted on 15 years ago

All the sellers get their wrap from the same place, and they all generally have the same stuff. If you're doing the job yourself, get it where it's cheapest.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Exactly. Delmar is the mfr. Each supplier carries some different colors that others don't. I think only Precision has Ginger Ale Glitter, while only Jamminsam carries Black/White Agate Onyx. Only drummaker.com has the custom color capabilities, though (not all that expensive when you consider you get to choose over 300 colors).

I find Jamminsam to be the most expensive, actually...and they don't sell in full sheets; they only sell cut-to-size. Drummaker is the best in that category,because they sell full, half, and quarter sheets which can be a good thing regarding budget.

Drumfoundry.com is the only supplier which carries some different sorta stuff....I am not positive theirs are Delmar-made or not. They have some interesting and odd stuff.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here