Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Regal Tips History

In the course of a discussion on another website a fellow made the statement that Regal Tip invented the nylon tip stick. Frankly I'm not sure that's true. I seem to recall both Ludwig and Slingerland (possibly others) having nylon tips (that flew off) before Regal Tips were on the scene. I think the Regal Tip claim to fame was the process they used to make those tips stay on. Any of you guys have some good authoratative info on that background?

Posted on 18 years ago

[FONT=Arial]Necessity is the mother of invention. No one knows this better than Joe Calato, who revolutionized the drumstick industry in 1958. Prior to that time only wood tip sticks were available. Although the sound was great, many drummers were frustrated when their wood tips wore out too quickly. That's when professional drummer and woodworker, Joe Calato, stepped in. He decided to try to make a stick that would last longer and would offer a new, cutting edge sound.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]After much experimenting, Joe perfected the idea. A drumstick with a nylon tip that stayed on, didn't shatter and produced a sound pleasing to the ear. In fact, the sound was so pleasing it helped define the musical styles of the day with its signature clarity on the drumheads and ride cymbals. His contribution to the percussion industry was recognized by the Percussive Arts Society when the organization inducted Joe into the Hall of Fame in 2001....

[/SIZE][/FONT]

excerpt from Regal Tip History Page

Posted on 18 years ago

I remember buying my first Regal tip sticks in the late 50's or early 60's at $1.10 a pair!!!! OH, for the good old days.

FYI

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here