Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Refinishing Lacquer on Ludwig

Hi All,

Just bought this bd and wondering what's the best way to restore the finish? Might just touch-up; How do you match the gloss?

I've redone hoops before but not a big shell like this 22". Penny for your thoughts...:2Cents:

1 attachments
Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

Are you keeping this black?

Posted on 14 years ago

assuming you are going to keep it black!! take the drum with you to a home paint center, sherwin Williams,Benjamin Moore, etc, they can match the paint color to your drum, they will hold it up to the window of there paint matching machine, but do a test before proceeding with this though. maybe try it on the rims first, as long as the rims and drum are the same color black, good luck!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, I like that idea, I'll re-do the hoops first and see how they turn out. These hoops are very beat up. What do you think, buy about a pint of paint? Of course, I want the drum to remain black. Jumping2The rest of my (black) drums are black cortex, so this is the first one I've painted. So is there a way to keep these from getting all dinged up after they are re-painted?:confused:

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

you may want to get some clear coat in a spray can, apply that over your paint, you'll have to do it to the rims, and you may be able to just touch up the scuffs and scrapes,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here