Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Rare TACTON drums that you probably don't see...

Hi all.

Fantastic on German ebay.

Rare TACTON drums - I dated them as before 1966 - after LEFIMA discontinued.

Earlier I've never seen a full complete set of this model.

I don't understand why the seller gives drums from that terrific kit separately...:(

George.

http://shop.ebay.de/multidrum/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Posted on 13 years ago

If I am not mistaken Lefima continued on as an independent company for a number of years after the war but were forced into a state planned merger with Trowa, giving rise to Tacton. Many of Lefima's staff escaped to the west and set up a new company,which continues today----much like the history of Sonor. I have a 13" BDP 16 lug parallel drop snare with exactly the same lugs but with flat rims and clipovers badged LEFIMA with Original scripted over it. The shell is not a Trowa or Tacton shell, which were essentially the same in construction over the years----just a slow change in materials. It is a shame to break these up ----presumably the owner thinks that he can realize a higher price for them, this way.

Posted on 13 years ago

From calfskin

If I am not mistaken Lefima continued on as an independent company for a number of years after the war but were forced into a state planned merger with Trowa, giving rise to Tacton.

No, Phil, it's not fully correct --- partly yes - private & independent before 1961.

In 1961 last of family LEFIMA's owners Kurt Fischer moved to West, factory was nationalized and continued work under the new brand TACTON to 1966. Further - merge to "TrommelWaren" and full transfer all the equipment to Weissenfels in 1970.

From calfskin

Many of Lefima's staff escaped to the west and set up a new company,which continues today----much like the history of Sonor.

Yes, yes Phil -- typical situation for that era, similar destinies, broken families, smashed future hopes...

From calfskin

It is a shame to break these up ----presumably the owner thinks that he can realize a higher price for them, this way.

Ah-h, damn it... It's very sad to me to see there were many similar facts, so and not only in Germany... :(

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here