Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Rare Die Cast B&B Rogers Luxor Snare Drum

My buddy who runs a vintage drum shop here in Mpls. ended up with this and since it is quite a rare bird I made a deal with him to add it to my collection. I just finished a total rehab of it. It is a early 1960's model with die cast Bread and Butter lugs, rather than formed brass and also has steel tall boy hoops. It was found in an attic of an estate house. Pretty cool piece in dark blue lacquer. All original parts were with the drum but the batter and reso heads had small holes in them and the snare wires were trashed.

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

More photos

Posted on 9 years ago

Wow, that is a beauty. Before you reassembled it, I would have liked to have seen a picture of the inside of those lugs. Glad this ended up in the hands of someone who appreciates it for what it is.

Mike

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 9 years ago

From mchair303

Wow, that is a beauty. Before you reassembled it, I would have liked to have seen a picture of the inside of those lugs. Glad this ended up in the hands of someone who appreciates it for what it is.Mike

They looked just like the beavertails do inside. A heavy casting, also the spring and inserts were a "B--CH" to get out and back into the lugs, as the springs had a ton of tension.

Posted on 9 years ago

In due time I hope to see an example of an 8 or 10 lug drum factory stock with these lugs. Something might surface!?

Posted on 9 years ago

Myron,i`m a sucker for Rogers and always have been...but this snare is so very special to a Rogers lover and i`m really liking the natural crackle patina in the wrap.Beautiful detailing work,enjoy her...

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here