Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.82255%

Rail Mount Part

Hi fellas,I'm looking for the half of the ratchet that holds the strap for the L arm on a rail mount.The rail mount I have is all there except the other half w/that strap.The RM is from the late 60's I believe and the teeth are serrated.Anyone have that part sitting in the parts drawer?

Thanks

Pat

Posted on 18 years ago

Are you referring to the piece that holds the L-arm itself??

I had some parts come in and I want to make sure of exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes David,it's the piece that holds the L arm plus the other half of the round part that the bolt and wing nut tighten to position that piece that holds the L arm.I found that it may be an early 70's RM,the round part has serrated teeth on it.Ludwig is stamped on the main strap in 70's logo.

Appreciate your help.

Pat

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, that is a 70's railmount. Jim Petty called it the Sun Ray model. This version is BY FAR the best railmount made....in my opinion. I HAVE seen the parts you are referring to for sale on Ebay in the past, but more than likely, you are going to have to buy a complete railmount to get the parts. They range in price from 50-125^ for a complete RM -Many times, the "hot dog" (bar) of the railmount gets stripped from people who feel the need to overtighten everything and, in some cases, the thing gets parted out or sold for a lower-than-average price. Good luck. It's kind of one of those "needle in a haystack" kinds of things sometimes.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

O! Good to know you are around!

Wish you had that part!Bro!

Anyway,thanks for the info.

You are exactly right.

Maybe I should call JP.

What's his #!

Better yet,David may have the part!

Peace

Pat

Posted on 18 years ago

The one I have is not the correct one. I will keep an eye out, I have other parts coming for the parts store.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks Dave.

Pat

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here