Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

RAIL COnsoletter or Double Post Tom Holder ?

I'm restoring a kit from the 60's. 3 plys white interior with a 24" BD. It is definitely a BIG BEAT set. I'm debating if to use a rail consolette since I like one single tom and double floor tom or stay with the original double tom post.

I know I will have to close the mount hole on top. Just debating and feel the drummer guild..

3 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

My two cents' worth...If you've already got the hole drilled for the Ludwig double-tom mount, I'd go with it. I've got my two "Hollywood" kits fitted with "wing nuts" on the toms' mounting brackets, so you don't need the Ludwig wrench to set up and adjust your toms. I think the Ludwig double-tom mount is a dandy as far as flexibility in tom positioning, height, angle, etc. Just don't excessively tighten down the bolt at the base of the mount, because the threads of the cast base can be stripped if you crank it like a gorilla. I've got a wing nut on that one also.... If you're a single mounted tom guy, you have the option of removing the mounting post for the 2nd tom, or you can put a timbale or other drum on that extra post. Of course, you'd have to put your ride cymbal on a floor stand if you have double mounted drums.....Another consideration: With a 24" bass drum, if you are not a tall guy (if you sit low), you may just want to leave your mounted tom on the floor stand, as Dino Danelli did. Otherwise, your tom/toms may sit higher than you want them to. Either way, enjoy whatchoo got! mb

Posted on 1 year ago

You may also try to mount a floor tom leg mount and use one of those Dunnet style tom mounts that they use on floor tom to bass drum conversion kits. I believe Gibraltar makes one also. You may have to use the L-arm you already have if you need a 9.5mm.

I’ve utilized my double tom holder on a pearl style mount with the top half of a hideaway boom cymbal stand to hold a ride before.

Posted on 1 year ago

I guess the best way is always the simple way. I ll stay with the post (if I can find a decent one without breaking the bank). Most post on eBay or reverb are not complete, missing the angle or the post or make shift post with holes every 1 inch. Thank you for your feed back

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here