Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

radio kings

Hello.

I was trying to get a ball park figure on how much a set of 1949 Radio King drums might be worth. There is a 22" bass drum, a 13" tom, a 14" snare drum that are original. The floor tom is not a Radio King. It is a Kent, but it is red sparkle like the rest of the kit. It all seems to be in good shape. There are also a few Zildjian cymbals with it [all cymbals are American made Zildjians]. This kit belongs to my nieces new husband. It was his grandfathers kit and he bought it in 1950 but it was in the music store left over from the year before. He wants to sell it to help pay for thier resent wedding. I want to buy it but I do want to give him a fair price. Does anybody have a ball park number for this kit.

Steve

Posted on 15 years ago

Just a quick idea...

Do you ebay much?? That's a good place to get an idea what people are paying. Use a "completed items" search; that gives you a what actually sold price to base your offer on. There have been a couple pretty nice older Slingerland sets that have been passed over at around $1200.. That seems to be kind of a magic barrier... (observation not based in fact.. just opinion)

The snare drums by themselves seem to be almost outpacing the full kits. The snare could easily be over $500 depending on the drum.

Put up some pictures... they sound like really beautiful drums!

Red Sparkle... nice!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here