Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Radio King

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a beautiful set of Radio King drums from around 1959 ( at least that's the stamp on one of the insides. The finish is Black Diamond and the drums appear in good shape..How can I accurately date these..I've not seen any catalogs yet.

The Bass drum has no spurs attached, they are bolt on type ( two little curved steel things you can position on the bass drum hoop.

The 9 x 13 tom has the Radio King etched in the top hoop...the rest aren't but obviously it is a set from the same era...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Terry

The snane and the bass have the badge that would suggest the approx date ( the "S" in Slingerland has an extra loop..) Am I correct in my dating these drums????

Posted on 15 years ago

This particular Slingerland badge was used between 1956 and 1959, I believe.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You are right in there, Terry.

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/snare_badges.html

Post a pic ! We'd love to see the kit !

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You are right in there, Terry.http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/snare_badges.htmlPost a pic ! We'd love to see the kit ![/COLOR]

Thanks for the help..I'll shoot some pics when the fires subside here..the smoke is REALLY bad in Los Angeles today!

Thanks for your help!

Posted on 15 years ago

[Attachment: 8848]

[Attachment: 8849]Hi everyone:

Here are some images of my newly acquired RadioKing drums..just the tom tom and snare pics first....any help on the date(s) and where I might find an original catalog with info. on these babies would be so helpful..Are they Gene Krupa kit??? Not sure..see pics and let me know your thoughts, thanks so much! The numbers on inside of snare baffle me. What do you think this is?

Cheers,

Terry

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Can't see any pics.

Posted on 15 years ago

From OldSchool

Can't see any pics.

working on it//sorry!

Posted on 15 years ago

The hoops on the tom seem too early for the the drum...maybe the previous owner switched them out or it's another Slingerland anomaly.

Posted on 15 years ago

Not Radio Kings. Tom hoops were changed. Snare hoops were changed too. Both should be stick choppers with clips.

No floor tom? It's ok, they sold them as kits without them. I forget the name of the kit...but I will see if I can remember...

Swing Master Ensemble - That's what I think it is!

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here