Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Radio King?

Hello,

My first post here. Just purchased this snare. I was told it is a Radio King. Can anyone confirm this for me? Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-AJT

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi, Unfortunately no, this Slingerland snare is not a Solid Maple Shell Radio King. I recall seeing this Snare on E-Bay a few weeks ago. The guy selling it said it was a Radio King. He is wrong. If I were you I would try to get a refund! This Snare is a 3-Ply Maple Shell that is a late 90's model that was made in Taiwan for Slingerland for MusicYo.com. It is not a classic vintage USA made Slingerland snare. A Slingerland Radio King snare is a Solid Maple Shell with Maple Reinforcing Rings. But if you like how the drum sounds to you, I would keep it. I find it best to educate yourself about vintage snare drums before ever buying one off E-Bay.That way you know what drum is what and what details to look for. Most of the time the person selling doesn't have a clue about what he or she is selling, that is when to take advantage of the bargains. This website I find is best to use for info on vintage snare drums, check out Dr. CJW's Slingerland Shell pages, great stuff! Good luck to you. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

I was fairly certain that it was not a Radio King. Not even sure it was a real Slingerland. However, I assumed it was actually a solid shell. That was all I was looking for. I had sent a request to the seller asking to confirm this prior to purchasing. They never replied. I have not received shipment yet. I will seek a refund immediately. Thanks for you help!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here