Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Radio King snare lugs HELP

I want to make my 1930's snare playable. However I have several on the origianl 1.5 inch beaver tail lugs cracked, 16 lugs, 10 cracked. I want to get this snare up and running but do not want to pay $4 per lug for vintage replacements. Are there any other lugs I can use, and maybe buy used lugs off of ebay or around $20 for the set.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

WMP Radio King Vintage Tom Tom 14X12 Slingerland

http://cgi.ebay.com/WMP-Radio-King-Vintage-Tom-Tom-14X12-Slingerland_W0QQitemZ250187867492QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38096QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well... these might match but your still out more bucks than you wanted to be. Maybe this won't sell and you can take a crack at talking this guy into stripping it and sending you just lugs.. (if they match your need) you might not get a lower price but the shipping should be less.

Or... buy it, strip it and see if you can get a couple bucks for the old shell on ebay.

Just ideas.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Vintage 1930's-early 1940's Radio King 13" white Marine Pearl Tom-with beavertail lugs 1) set of radio king bongos with original heads in white marine pearl and beavertail lugs.I have a lot of vintage slingerland radio king hardware:calfskin heads;engraved Radio King brass hoops;stands;-too much to list-please call with needs and cash .Rick (831)588-1604

>> Might be worth a try. I just happened across this on www.craigshelper.com searching California Bay Area. This guys listing has a picture. PostingID: 482771343

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here