Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Radio King Snare - Finished - Pics

Well I FINALLY got the snare back together. Working on the toms now.

Cya,

Mike

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

My dream snare

Yes Sir

Posted on 15 years ago

Look awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the set!

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks awesome!

Tell us more please. Is that a new wrap and new repro hardware?

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Gang! Thanks!! New wrap, old hardware re-plated and polished...lots of time on the polishing wheel..LOL!

58 - Slingerland Duco
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

its gorgeous. good job on the restoration!! Have sooo many drums that I would love to have the hardware re-plated, but its so expensive!! Have any pics of 'before' the restoration?

Oh yeah, and 1 other thing - is that the correct era wrap for the black diamond pearl?? i thought the early Radio King BDP wrap was tighter, not as chunky as whats on yours currently - just askin', not accusin'. : p

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Corey,

Chunky is the correct one from what I could tell from the wraps that I pulled. The hard thing was trying to actually finding Chunky BDP. I had to go with Charcoal DP from Precision.

The guy I'm working with doing my plating is pretty good. He charges $60 for the hoops and around $3-5 per lug. I've had a communication gap with him though that he does a pretty good job polishing the hoops but I have to re-polish everything else which takes a lot of time. In fact I have 40 lugs that I'm going to take back and have his guys polish them so I don't have to wait months on myself to get this kit finished.

I will look around for the before of the snare. It was a typical faded WMP with crusty hardware when I started the restoration.

You can search on here for the Bass Drum that's finished also. I know I have before pics posted of it. I'm really proud of the work on the bass drum because it was freaking rough.

Cya,

Mike

58 - Slingerland Duco
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks Mike - and Oh My God - I CANT believe thats all he charges you to re-plate your hardware!! Around here, trying to re-plate a full set of lugs and hoops, I'd be looking at over $400 easy!! Whatever you do, get that communication gap closed! Thats an amazing price, even f you do have to grit your teeth and polish some. I will look for the BD thread - you've done some great work here.

Posted on 15 years ago
58 - Slingerland Duco
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

great threads man, really great work!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here