Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Radio King re-wrap color question

I've got a couple questions regarding wrap colors.

Just for a fun winter project, I bought a nice old 50's RK snare shell that has had the wrap removed by a previous owner. No extra holes. Straight, tight shell. I've got most of the hardware for this. It's just going to be a player but I'd like to keep it sort of correct. I'm not trying to pass this off as an original snare but I'd like to use a period correct wrap.

I've seen the Vintage White Marine Pearl at Precision Drum and it looks like a nice old (yellow-ish) finish. Can anyone verify this?

Also leaning towards green sparkle (currently on sale).

Is the new Bermuda Sand even close to the older Champagne colors?

I'd just like to avoid any color that makes it look like a Gretch Catalina snare.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on 10 years ago

Here is the Slingerland wrap article found on the Vintage Drum Guide.

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/slingerland_finishes.html

I don't know much about Gretch drum wraps but I hope that helps.

1953 has a nice green sparkle finish listed

-OSD101

Posted on 10 years ago

The vintage WMP Precision sells does have some yellow hues in it. They will send you a FREE sample if you request it. It does have a slightly larger chip pattern than most of the new wraps. But it's still a bit smaller than the original. I have a 20" floor tom and 13" tom I'm wrapping in this color from Precision. While it's not a perfect match mellow yellow wise it's pretty close. I did wrap the 13" with Creme Pearl from Drum Foundry. It's a very nice color but it is on the tan side and small chip pattern.

The pic below shows DF's Creme Pearl on the left side. Top right is Precisions Vintage WMP and under it the standard WMP they sell. The standard WMP has the triangle shape pattern like Ludwig I think it was.

1 attachments
Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here