Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

radio king identification?

Greetings all, i am very excited to have just inherited a slingerland radio king from my cousin, who was a jazz drummer for several decades!Although theres a possibility i may be jumping the gun, because the only radio kinf idefication i can locate is engraved on the rim of the 13" tom. The rest of the set which consists of a snare 14" witha blck and gold badge, floor tom 16",and base drum with original heads,the outside head on the base drum has like a white and silver rough metal flake or something.The hardware for the hihat is original as well has the majority of the rest besides a new boom for one of crash cymbals wich are new,although the ride cymbal appears to be quite old. The entire set is a tan woodgrain with metal rims and black and gold slingerland badges,and everything is in great condition with no niks or dings on the woodgrain!If anyone has some information as ot how i can positevely identify it has a radio king, or find a year or model number it would be much appreciated.the set also has 3 original leather cases. thnks for your time and will be curious to see what i can find out.Just by looking at the set i can tell its a real gem in super condition.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi,

From what was described, I would have to say that your kit is a 1960's Slingerland...Black and Brass badges, tan interiors, etc. Looks as though someone installed an earlier Radioking hoop on the 13". How is the snare, which strainer, how many plies, etc.?

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here