Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Radio King 3 ply and not student model ???

Looking at the shell from the angle it's taken you can't really see any plys like you would if the picture was taken directly from above the shell. A snare that old and in that good of shape is worth some money. The pencil writing say RKC and another letter. I would have to say that points to Radio King. I have a 1951 Radio King that I got with a bass drum and tom for $40.00 about two months ago with green sparkle. The finish was faded to yellow on all the drums, so I took off the wrap and am in the process of restoring. I don't know what the offer is for the snare, but if it's under $300.00, I would go for it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Looking at the shell from the angle it's taken you can't really see any plys like you would if the picture was taken directly from above the shell. A snare that old and in that good of shape is worth some money. The pencil writing say RKC and another letter. I would have to say that points to Radio King. I have a 1951 Radio King that I got with a bass drum and tom for $40.00 about two months ago with green sparkle. The finish was faded to yellow on all the drums, so I took off the wrap and am in the process of restoring. I don't know what the offer is for the snare, but if it's under $300.00, I would go for it.

Snagged it for $ 375 .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 17 years ago

I'm new to this vintage stuff, but I would say a good deal, fair market value. Badge puts it at 48-50, all original stuff I hope, from what I see it is. You didn't mention the size from what I read. The one I have is a 5 x 14, everything is original. Missing a few small mounting screws (two), Stick chopper hoops are a little dinged and a few dents, ohter than that for the $40.00 bucks I paid, I think it was worth it

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

The drum arrived yesterday . A couple of things the seller neglected to mention . The top hoop , while in round where it sits on the head , has a two inch section at the top of the hoop that is slightly out of round ( banged somewhere along the line ? ) . Also , there is a tiny spot near the bearing edge at the top of the drum shell where a ding was filled in . There is also some clear bond where the butt screws into the shell on the right side . Don't know why . There is some lacquer missing there but otherwise I don't see a problem . I'm going to give the drum a more thorough examination this weekend .

Set up with Ambassador heads and original wires the drums sounds very , very choked right now , and snare sensitivity is so-so . I've got a ton of snare drums , so once I get this one sounding decent I'll probably flip it for what I paid for it .

etc...
Posted on 17 years ago

Seller is going to refund my $ inc. shipping . Yes Sir

etc...
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here