Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Radical Chrome

I had an idea of doing something different on my Fibes chrome drums, for a cool stage presence, and doing it in a way that would not be permanent so it would not affect the value of the drums.

Since the theme of my band reflects high voltage, electricity, I thought lightening bolts would be fitting. I had contacted several graphic shops near me and all of them said they could not get the details on vinyl in a way that would look realistic. When I was at the Chicago Drum Show, I stopped by the Maxheads booth, who specialize in drum head graphics. I might add that what I saw in their booth was amazing. I talked to Dave the owner about my idea, and as luck would have it, his shop was not far from my work. He liked my idea, and said he could come up with something that would reflect the look I was trying to achieve. So I made an appointment and meet his designer and went over colors, and I shared with him some pics of lightning I liked, he said to come back in a few days to look at samples. When I came back I could not believe the detail in the graphics, since my drum is chrome, I didn’t want something too overpowering to compete with the chrome, but still noticeable on stage. We decided purple in non reflective material looked the best; here is a pic of the bass drum. I brought it to a gig over the weekend and people noticed, and all comments were positive, if you are looking for any kind of graphics for your drums, these guys can do it, and get it right. Check them out on the web at www.maxheads.com for samples and info on all the other promotional materials they offer.

2 attachments
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

I have been in his shop a few times. I am going to have him do a bass drum head for me. I thought he was a little pricey. What would be a good(competitive) price for a custom printed bass drum head, anybody know?

Posted on 14 years ago

Oh yeah, that looks pretty cool!

Posted on 14 years ago

Talk to Dave the owner, mention you saw my lightenting, he will work with you, believe me these guys ship their work all over the world, great people to work with, like I said, before I met Dave at the drum show, I went to several places they all said what I wanted to do cannot be done, well. you see it, by the way, under the lights its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! not to overpowering just enough effect to make people curious................

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

Very nice effect! I like itband3

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here