Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

"Howard" snare drum 60s M.I.J.

Kind of cool a name and badge i have not seen.Its on ebay..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

That's not a badge-that's the drum's name."Come on,Howard,were done playin' today".

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi! I think I've got that same drum, which also has a "howard" decal. Did you ever ID it?

Posted on 13 years ago

From ndfay@zoomtown.com

Hi! I think I've got that same drum, which also has a "howard" decal. Did you ever ID it?

Yes its a 60s made in japan snare made by pearl...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

I have a drum just like it without the decal. You can tell there was a decal at one time though... I wonder if it was a Howard.

How ya been Mikey? All's well here in Clovis!

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

Yes its a 60s made in japan snare made by pearl...Mikey

Actually it was made by Hoshino (K). The were the only stencil manufacturer to have the Slingerland beavertail style lugs.

Posted on 3 years ago

Mikey,

Kindly upload pictures all around the drum. I'd like to see the strainer.

After a Mastro all plastic snare drum (see photo), I'm pretty sure my first wooden snare drum was a Howard sometime around 1965/66. My cousin had one too. Mine was black wrap and his was black diamond wrap. I recall it had the same strainer as the LaBoz set I got later in 1967 (see second picture I found online). Very round fact on the strainer. I'd guess we must be talking about the same manufacturer in Japan.

Thanks

2 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here