Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

"English Rogers" website - very interesting!

Hi guys,

Although I know nothing about Rogers drums - never having owned one - I've always been curious about the so-called "English Rogers" kits. During the British Invasion days, I thought that Dave Clark was the coolest looking drummer - sitting high on his throne - with his unique double-mounted tom Red Sparkle kit.

Anyhow, I stumbled upon this website: englishrogersdrums.co.uk

Forgive me if this is already well known to Rogers buffs, but I found the information fascinating.

Use the pull-down menu of "Endorsees" to Dave Clark, the DC-5 Diary, and The One Million (English Pounds) drum kit. A ton of photos and minutia on Dave's drums and hardware, especially the custom mounts for his two toms. The collet plates were uniquely positioned, much different from the 1967 "Londoner" kits that were sold in the U.S.

Incredibly, Dave Clark gave away this unique 1963 kit in a Radio London contest in 1966, and the kit has recently undergone a complete restoration by its current owner.

Anyhow, Rogers buffs can really geek-out on all the information on this website. Enjoy! MB

Posted on 4 years ago

I definitely haven't seen this site before. Really interesting stuff here. Thanks!

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi Marty!

An excellent website! Fantastic pictures and memorabilia concerning the DC kit, too! I've already bookmarked it!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here