Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

"Big R" Rogers: What are they worth?

Hi.

I bought one of the very earliest Rogers "Big R" Memriloc kits when they came out in 1975. I had ordered the kit in approx. November of 1974, from a catalog that showed the earlier Swiv-O-Matic hardware...but when the drums arrived in January of 1975, the kit was a Big R.

Being that I was all of 14 years old at the time, I saw these drums as being bigger and better than the ones I had seen in the catalog (I DID say I was 14 years old at the time!). The Supreme pedals were massive...in short, the entire kit just looked more massive and impressive -like it had been designed especially to accomodate the heavier music of that time. I never questioned the fact that they weren't what I had ordered. I thought I was getting a better deal.

My kit was a black Cortex "Ultra Power Seven" with the TRIPLE tom tom mount and TWO 22" bass drums. It had a brass Dynasonic and all the stands and pedals.

Ultimately, I got tired of hauling the extra bass drum around. It never really got used (except for my extended drum solos! LOL!). I basically shelved it in its case and forgot about it. I later sold the other 22/13/16 + Dynasonic and stands for $700.00 near the end of the 90's.

When I was going through some stuff the other day, I ran across the old "second" bass drum and I decided to dig it out of its case and take a look at it. It's as if it never left the showroom floor! It's absolutely MINT condition....everything is there...even an old Rogers drum key was in there!

Okay, after all that long-winded preface electricit , here is my question...

Q: How much is it worth?

Thanks!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

You didn`t mention your name,anyway per most ebay listings the drum depending on if you include the case hard shell?you are likely in the ballpark of $250.00 to 500.00 problem is the color,not that it wasn`t popular,but finding someone needing exactly what you have.I currently own my second Big R set and love the sound of the xp 8 shells,IMO some of the best Rogers ever offered,and I`m sure I`ll get an argument there.Like I said IMO anyway I`ve played Rogers for 35 plus years and I love them.I think this is the ballpark you are in.Good luck.Gary

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here