Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

quick tuning

I have the arrival of my Slingerlands tomorrow - I pick them up and should arrive arrive back at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. That'll leave me around 3.5 hours to tune and set up the 8-piece kit for band practice in the evening. That includes the mics and setting up some other recording/audio items I'll be coming home with. I found out today the that set has a pretty new set of Pinstripes on them. Being I have no experience with Slingerlands yet nor with any of the potential shell types I may encounter; is there anyone out there that would be so kind as to save me the trial and error and let me know what tunings/tensions they've had success with when playing late 70's Slingerlands - taking into account the Pinstripes I'll be using? (batter tighter than reso, both the same, batter looser than reso, low loose tunings/higher tighter tunings) If I had to categorize the music we play it would be Classic Rock. I know the science of this is thrown out the window b/c I don't know exactly what the shell composition/exact year is yet or the exact condition of the heads, etc. but any direction from experience between now and tomorrow mid afternoon would be a blessing :) I'll obviously have to noodle to find my own sound but a starting point would go a long way.

Thanks any & all!

'79 Slingerland "Blues Time" Maple 670T - 12,13,14,15,18,24
'68 Ludwig Silver Sparkle - 12,13,16,22,24
'79 Ludwig Vistalites clear - 12,13,16,22
Snares: '68 Ludwig Supraphonic 5x14, Ludwig 5 x 14 Black Beauty (modern), '70's Slingerland Buddy Rich TDR COB 6.5x14, DW 10/6 Maple 4x14, Pearl '70's COB 5x14, Slingerland 50's blue duco 6.5x14 & 5x14, Pork Pie "Little Squealer", Pearl Masters MCX maple 6.5x14
Posted on 17 years ago

For classic rock I would have said batter a semi-tone below the resonant particularly with the pinstripes. Not my fav tuning personally (prefer the oppositive and Emperors and Ambassadors but it should do the job until you get to know them. They'll bounce like wet towels though.

D

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here