Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Questions on Rogers Swivomatic hardware

After reading of the love affair you guys all have with Cleveland and Dayton Rogers equipment, I just bought a set. It came without the tom and cymbal arms. The the mount for the cymbal arm is a two drum key type screw holder for an L-arm and for the tom it is the standard swivomatic collet thing. I don't hunch over when I play so I sit with thighs paralllel to the floor and generally like to have my tom and ride a little on the high side. The bass drum is 20 inches and I tend to have the tom rim sit about four or five inches above the snare with the snare tilted a little forward for matched grip play.

So the question is, does a Swivomatic tom arm exist that will get the drum high enough for me? Are there different length center posts available and if so what are they? Regarding the cymbal arm, I thought I noticed an arm that has a tilter half way up the height of the armin addition to the tilter directly underneath the cymbal washer. That looks like it will help with positioning. What is this called?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey Gary...

You "might" have noticed that I didn't get involved in the SwiviMatic post... as like so many other things in life, it's a personal OPINION... not an absolute. Having said that, I gig on Rogers 99.9% of the time and all of it with SwivoMatic hardware. This hardware has NEVER let me down, and I gig pretty much full time. That's a LOT of set-up/break-down. Haven't ever had a picece of Swivo hardware malfunction... so I guess we have to say that I like it! Anyway, that leads here:

The Rogers SwivoMatic tom holder ( arm ) will more than go high enough for your needs, even on a 14X20 bass drum. I am 6'1" and the bass drum on my '66 BR Headliner kit is a 20"... no problem.

The cymbal holder on your bass drum sounds like the Rogers Knobby unit... this accepts the Rogers "L" arm, which is fully adjustable in height up to 18" high I believe. Should be high enough... but! ... if it's not:

The other part you are inquiring about is a Rogers #325 SwivoMatic Extension Cymbal Arm. This arm used in conjuction with the standard "L" arm or Telescopic Cymbal Arm will give you plenty of height. This part is a tad difficult to find... but ... I have a couple, and in EXCELLENT condition. Let me know if you have any interest/need.

Hope this was informative for you!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Hey Gary...You "might" have noticed that I didn't get involved in the SwiviMatic post... as like so many other things in life, it's a personal OPINION... not an absolute. Having said that, I gig on Rogers 99.9% of the time and all of it with SwivoMatic hardware. This hardware has NEVER let me down, and I gig pretty much full time. That's a LOT of set-up/break-down. Haven't ever had a picece of Swivo hardware malfunction... so I guess we have to say that I like it! Anyway, that leads here:The Rogers SwivoMatic tom holder ( arm ) will more than go high enough for your needs, even on a 14X20 bass drum. I am 6'1" and the bass drum on my '66 BR Headliner kit is a 20"... no problem.The cymbal holder on your bass drum sounds like the Rogers Knobby unit... this accepts the Rogers "L" arm, which is fully adjustable in height up to 18" high I believe. Should be high enough... but! ... if it's not:The other part you are inquiring about is a Rogers #325 SwivoMatic Extension Cymbal Arm. This arm used in conjuction with the standard "L" arm or Telescopic Cymbal Arm will give you plenty of height. This part is a tad difficult to find... but ... I have a couple, and in EXCELLENT condition. Let me know if you have any interest/need.Hope this was informative for you!Tommyp

Hey Tommy, do you have an L arm that you'd be willing to part with? If yes, please PM me and let me know the price and shipping and I'll get right back to you.

Thanks, Jack:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 17 years ago

Hello Tommyp,

I have a vintage ludwig set that I'm rewrapping in 60's oyster black pearl and I want to replace the ludwig tom holder with a rogers swivomatic like Ringo Starr of the Beatles did. Do you have any you would part with or know where I can get it?

Thanks

Greg in New Jersery

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey Greg!

To use this Rogers mount with your Ludwigs you will need two components... ( which you probably already know! ) ... Anyway,

The Swivo-Matic Collet Plate, either the STRAIGHT one for dead center mounting, ( #310 ) or one of the ANGLED models ( #311 or #312 ) for side mounting... ( Ringo did employ the angle/side mount I believe ) ... and,

You will need a tom holder center section/arm. ALL of these parts show up with better than decent regularity on eBay. That's probably the BEST place to get these. Like so many other things in life, timing is everything, as I just sold some pieces to another forum member, and one of them was in fact the center section/arm that you seek. However!,

Let me check my parts as I "may" have the complete set that you need. I'll send you a PM and let you know!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Wellcome to the world known as swivo world .. :)The Band The Band Excited

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here