Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Questions on repairing original wrap

Hi All,

I am a wide-eyed newbie, so please forgive my general ignorance, but I'm hoping to get some advice. I just picked up my first-ever vintage kit - a '73 or '74 Ludwig silver sparkle! (I've wanted a Ludwig kit for years, so I'm on cloud 9 today.) The shells seem to be in good shape overall, but the wrap on the floor tom is separating slightly. I want to keep the original wrap and figured I could simply apply some glue and a clamp to re-seal it. Is that the general process or is there more to it? Also, one of the badges is starting to come off. What type of adhesive would you recommend to re-attach it?

Oh and here's one bonus question - the wooden hoops on the bass drum are a little beat up. I figured I could possibly apply some wood putty and re-paint them. Is there a particular type of paint that would work best?

Thanks so much,

Quinn

1973 (or 74?) Ludwig silver sparkle
Early 70's Slingerland chrome snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Quinn welcome, and congrats on your ludwig score, post pics for us, and you'll get all kinds of advice ,,they all are easy fixes!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Awesome! Will try to get some pics up in the next day or two. Thanks.

1973 (or 74?) Ludwig silver sparkle
Early 70's Slingerland chrome snare
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here