Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Questions about the Jazzette

Hi.

1.) When did this model first appear?

2.) When did it DISappear? (When was it discontinued?)

Thanks!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

According to Rob Cook's book, the Jazzette was offered from '66-'74.

HOWEVER, there is a Jazzette offered in the 1980 catalogue, as well as the late 70's catalogues. I don't have any catalogues after '80 so I don't know when they stopped being offered.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks! So, we can at least establish that 1966 was the FIRST year of the Jazzette...at least according to Rob Cooks book...which may or may not be correct from the looks of it. Dang!Mister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

I think Tommy Wells on the drumforum.org site said he had a six ply set of them in green sparkle. That would probobly be late 70's. I think as far as the catalogs are concerned the jazzette at some point moved from the 18" bass drum to a 20". I would imagine the 18" bass drum was offered for quite some time but the official name jazzette could have disappeared at some point in the 70's.

It's also funny to note that the jazzette in the catalogs was only offered in the wood finishes. My jazzette and the other ones you guys have are all sparkle finishes. I do know a guy that has one in mahogany finish though. It looks like the color that you would see on a parade drum.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here