Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Question on Rogers Kick Pedal Parts?

Hey all,

So the fellow I purchased my current Rogers kit from some months ago finally had a chance to grab the rest of the stuff he promised to throw in. Among this stuff included an early 72/73 superten snare (in seriously amazing condition, woot!), as well as some bits and peices of hardware.

From the bits n peices of hardware, I have "most of" a Rogers pedal (see pic), and I'd like to find out what I'm missing so I can try to get this up and running. I don't know a lot about Rogers hardware, so I was hoping someone with greater knowledge could take a look and maybe help me with what it is I should be looking/asking for.

I think I have a 395R foot board, or similar model (the kit itself is circa 1973, so I'd imagine this is about the same year.) I know I'm missing the "housing" unit, though I have no idea what that's called or what model I should be looking for. That's about all I know. Everything in the pics is what I have so far. Any comments/suggestions/help would be appreciated!

-Pepe

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

You're missing the base-plate and the beater for sure. I'd need to see it assembled to tell you if any of the smaller screws/parts are missing.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

You're missing the base-plate and the beater for sure. I'd need to see it assembled to tell you if any of the smaller screws/parts are missing.John

Any idea if there is a specific model I should be looking for in terms of a base-plate? Is there any problem with using a beater that isn't rogers?

Aside from those items (and whatever screws/parts come with a base-plate), the only thing I think I'm missing are 2 set screws for the hoop plate clamp in the picture, and 4 little rubber plugs on the underside of the heel on the foot plate. All the other screws for the beater, connector rod, etc seem to be there.

-P

Posted on 12 years ago

Sorry, I don't know the part number for the base. One of the Rogers guys will chime in with that info. Put an ad in the "Wanted section" here at VDF and then scour ebay. Parts come up all the time. As for the beater, I think it's a pretty standard item, shouldn't be hard to track down a period beater for the pedal.

Best of luck putting it right..

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Sorry, I don't know the part number for the base. One of the Rogers guys will chime in with that info. Put an ad in the "Wanted section" here at VDF and then scour ebay. Parts come up all the time. As for the beater, I think it's a pretty standard item, shouldn't be hard to track down a period beater for the pedal.Best of luck putting it right..John

Awesome, thanks man. I appreciate the help!

-Pepe

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here