Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Question On Removing Glue From Acrylic Shells

Hello,the Set In Question Is A Fibes 5 Pc Set,24" Bass Toms Are 13,14,16,18 Someone Recoverd The Shells In Black Plastic,i Removed The Plastic[from The 13] But The Glue Is Still On The Shell,color Of The Shells Are Clear Bubbled Like GLASS YOU WOULD FINE IN A SHOWER DOOR finish Name ?? Also A Color I Have Not Seen Made By Fibes..set Is Still In Storage I Will Be Posting Some Photos In A Few Weeks Along With Other Drums I Have.any Way What Is The Best Way To Remove The Glue Left On The Shell With Out MEssing The Shell Up??? Thanks Mike

Posted on 16 years ago

Try Goo Gone or some of the citris type cleaners. Use a clean cotton cloth only to avoid scratches. Leave the stuff on for a few minutes.

Just to be safe, maybe remove a mount or lug and try the stuff under that area first. Good luck.

And there is always WD40, but that has an oily residue that needs to be cleaned off later.

Posted on 16 years ago

I was also going to suggest WD40. It will clean up fine on the acrylic shell with just some mild detergent afterwards.

Posted on 16 years ago

HELLO,THANKS FOR THE INFO. ON REMOVING THE GLUE FROM THE SHELLS.I WILL BE GOING BACK DOWN HOME NEXT WEEK,I WILL POST SOME PHOTOS OF THE SET BEFORE AND AFTER[WHEN I REMOVE GLUE].ANY CLUE OF FINISH NAME?? I HAVE SOME FIBES CATALOGS BUT NONE SHOW THIS FINISH..THANKS MIKEYes Sir

Posted on 16 years ago

I believe its called "frost".

If you look at price lists, the Crystalites were available in "clear", "smoke" and "frost".

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here