Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Question about vintage Ludwig Drum Set

I have a vintage ludwig drum set that I believe to be made in 1965. It has a vinal leather looking wrap. I dont have the original snare so I know its not a complete kit, but is there a 16" floor tom? I have a...

22" 2032540

13" 2043940

14" 2043872

I am not asking for an appraisal but thought the serial numbers might help answer my question. Perhaps its a custom kit, judging by the size of the toms and the year it was made.

Posted on 19 years ago

I'm thinking that finish is the black panther? I have never seen it before and without pictures it is difficult to tell exactly if what you are describing is original. To find a matching 16" floor tom will probably be difficult. You should be checking Ebay regulary for something like that.

Those drum sizes are pretty standard and not custom ordered.

The snare is another issue and many Ludwig sets came with Chrome snare drums so you should easily be able to find a 60's chrome snare to complete the set. Finding a matching snare drum to the black panther finish might be difficult.

Then again I'm sure someone has it in their collection and if they are reading this they might want to sell it.

Thanks for the question

David

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here