Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Question about Radio King strainers

I'm looking for some information about 30's and 40's Radio King strainers - I know they had either the "Super" (clamshell) or the "three-point" strainer. What are the pros and cons of these strainers, and which is more desirable/valuable and why? Any help is much appreciated.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 18 years ago

The Zoomatic strainer came later on.Its a very seeked out strainer as numerous Slingerland snares utalized it.My marching snare has one matter of fact.So for that reason alone it does sell for a pretty penny and is very sought after in good condition.I would say that any clamshell would sell for much higher though since they are rare to come across.Personally having a Radioking with the Clamshell system ( to which to snare wires connect with screws ) I prefer the Zoomatic strainer.I'll never change my radioking as it is one of my babies...but it definatly isn't my favorite strainer system.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

The clamshell is not as nice as the 3-point. Any Radio King with a 3-point

is more desirable then with a Clamshell in my opinion

Although a functional strainer the Clam Shell is not my favorite. Second in line for me is the zoomatic then the 3-point is my favorite and most desirable.

Any Radio King is a nice drum, but I prefer the ones with 3-point strainers over all of the others. Not only aesthetically with the snare gates, structurally as well.

I have all three in my collection.

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here