Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Question about my '66 Ludwig BOP

I uses a drum rug called a "crash pad" by kaces...it folds up real small. It has a "stop" that you put your bass against. Doesn't matter what kind of spurs you have, the bass drum can't move...

Posted on 15 years ago

Redrilling, permanently modifying these shells has NEVER been considered. I have ordered heads, felts and an anchor for the drum. This is one of the last piece to the puzzle. I still need to order floor tom mounts or memory locks (if I can locate where to buy them). All other drums are ready to go! Unfortunately, the anchor and felt are backordered from MF. I usually do not use them because they are notoriously bad about saying their product is in stock and then notifying you of a backorder the next day. Ugh...

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Posted on 15 years ago

I got the memory locks from a Sam Ash store by me. I went in and orderd them them (had to pre pay of course) and got them in about a week. I am sure GC can do the same. Also check out the Drum Pad. They have a website and you might be able to get em from them.

Good Luck

Posted on 15 years ago

I'd go with the anchor and pick up a floor pad. I bought a 6 x 4 commercial grade carpet that works like a charm, even without a stop (block). It's a tight weather (and beer) proof mesh and the bass doesn't give an inch. Thats with my Rogers kit that does have telescopic spurs, although they are solid as a rock.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mlvibes

Please don't drill for new spurs! Just say NO to drilling! You will destroy the value of your drums. Do what Ringo did - use a front hoop mounted bass drum anchor, it really does help. You can find them for very little money on ebay.

Thats the way to do it!!!!!

[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_O8iDs8uAE80/SXyFlHMrbkI/AAAAAAAAB4Y/z2k-N1D3Yhc/s512/DCP_0026.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 15 years ago

Regarding the floor tom legs and memory locks...you can also use drill bit stops/collars that you can find at most hardware stores. (Supposed to be to keep one from drilling deeper than they want, but will work fine for keeping a floor tom up...they're also pretty low profile and easy to use, just set screws on the side. You'd just need the right inner diameter, which on my '59 club dates is 3/8's of an inch.)

Here's an example...

http://www.toolking.com/kregtool_kjscd.aspx

Beautiful set, by the way!

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes those would work also. The nice thing about the Pearl ones is that they tighten down with a drum key.

Posted on 15 years ago

From OldSchool

I'm the original owner of a 1963 Ludwig SBP Club Date kit and my bass drum came from the factory with the company's Classic fold-out spurs, not the telescopics, as on this one. When did Ludwig switch out the spurs from the Classic fold-outs to the telescopics on the club date kits?

T[COLOR="DarkRed"]hat's interesting...I have never seen Clubdates with the foldouts as stock, factory spurs.

Dang...ya learn sumfin' new every day, eh ???

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I overpayed for the DW ones last night. :) I am hoping that they will fit. If they do not, I will use them on another kit and either look for the Pearl locks or use the drill bit stopper (a great idea, and look pretty cool as well!).

Posted on 15 years ago

Good to hear that you are not going to drill. That would be a real shame. It's getting harder to find original sets that have been left untouched.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here