Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Question about Ludwig Super Classic Lugs and Mounts

Sometimes I am seeing gaskets for tom mounts, cymbal mounts, floor tom leg mounts, and bass drum leg mounts. I also saw gaskets for tom lugs as well.

My 1965 Super Classic has gaskets for the bass drum leg mounts. These mounts are all the same except some have hex nuts and others have wing nuts.

Is there anyone who can tell me if all mounts should have gaskets or provide some background on where gaskets need to be used and where they do not need to be used?

I am in the middle of a refurbishment of my kit and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted on 7 years ago

According to the Ludwig Factory Manual, gaskets were to be installed if there were any around, sometimes, but maybe not. :)

Mitch

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks, It is kind of like their approach with serial numbers I guess.

Posted on 7 years ago

I've had quite a few vintage Ludwig 60's kits over the years and not a single one ever had any gaskets under the lugs or brackets on any of the drums.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Haven't seen gaskets on those 60's mounts either. Usually wingnuts on the bass spur mounts, floor tom leg mounts. Sometimes wingnuts and plenty of hex nuts on the tom mounts.

Mike

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks. That's very helpful for the refurbishment of my kit. My bass spur mounts, I think, were not original since they did not have the old wing nut and they had gaskets. I have bought the older style mount with the old wing nut.

Posted on 7 years ago

Despite my silly joke these guys are right as far as I know - no gaskets ever on 60's kits.

Mitch

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here