Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Question about Ludwig Mufflers

Hi,

I am considering buying this old Ludwig drum kit. 22" bass, 12" tom, 13" tom, 18" Floor tom, and chrome snare (dated 1966) The have the small Ludwig badges and the interior is painted white. But, the toms have no mufflers in them. They have no holes where they might have been then taken out. The guy says it never had muflers. Is this right?

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Sure.

While unusual, a number of players would order

their kit from the factory as opposed to buying

off the floor.

Maybe the color wasn't in stock or in this case

the 18" was not offered as standard.

"While you're at it Bill, I really don't want those

fiddly things installed..."

Sounds like a nifty kit.

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 15 years ago

I think I see where the muffler holes for the floor tom are from looking at the interior in that one photo. If that's true, then I would need to see more details.

I also detect a vertical "stripe" of brighter color on the floor tom about the width of the overlap of a seam. Curious!Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

From O-Lugs

I also detect a vertical "stripe" of brighter color on the floor tom about the width of the overlap of a seam. Curious!Burger Kin

That actually IS the seam overlap. The drum is backward as seen from the other pic the badge is pointing towards the rear of the kit.

CORRECTION!!

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3916&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1224646277[/IMG]<-- click the pic!!

With this better picture, I do suspect O-Lugs was correct in his assessment that the overlap was cut away. Probably was peeling and got damaged and the owner thought it better to remove it entirely?? Just my guess.

[COLOR=#FFFFFF].

[/COLOR]

Most respect the badge, but all fear the drum.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago

I definately see a muffler hole on the 18. Not sure about the toms though. BTW 18" floors from the 60's are quite rare. Looks like a cool set.

-Kurt

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here