Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Question about Ludwig Drum kit

OK: In a previous post about "Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl wrap" and near the end of my reply I asked a question about, (Gasp!) Ludwig Oyster Pink Pearl wraps. I was met with silence. Did I broach a bad subject? some invisible line? enter a mine field? or just not in the right topic area to ask the question? I do know that the wrap was available in the late 50s early 60s but does anyone know if any kits were ordered? Has anyone collected one or seen a kit such as this? Is there some estimate as to the value of such a kit? TOM

Posted on 14 years ago

From TMTM

OK: In a previous post about "Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl wrap" and near the end of my reply I asked a question about, (Gasp!) Ludwig Oyster Pink Pearl wraps. I was met with silence. Did I broach a bad subject? some invisible line? enter a mine field? or just not in the right topic area to ask the question? I do know that the wrap was available in the late 50s early 60s but does anyone know if any kits were ordered? Has anyone collected one or seen a kit such as this? Is there some estimate as to the value of such a kit? TOM

Hi Tom,Ludwig did have a pink oyster pearl finish..The story that has been passed down to me is in about 1965 or so with ludwig was selling the B.O.P. drum sets [mostly to guys] they wanted [ludwig] to sell to girl drummers so they came out with P.O.P.,They did not sell and ludwig pulled that finish after the 1st year..The set you are asking about i have never seem a complete set in 30+ years selling and restoring vintage drums and sets..I have seen a snare on ebay some time ago sell for if i recall right 1,200.00 to 1,500.00 just for the snare...So if your set say is a 4 piece i would say the value would be from 3,500.00 to 4,500.00 or even more.. like i said i have never seen a complete set...I would say its a rare set to come by...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

YEA ALRIGHT! Thanks MIKEY777 for the info. TOM

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here