Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Pros and Cons of adding rewrap snare to otherwise vintage kit?

Sorry - it's the newbie with another (dumb?) question. Would replacing my '64 Acrolite with a rewrap snare increase the collectable value of the Black Oyster Pearl kit (described below) that I got from '65 - '67? There's a guy from Waco Texas who does nice looking re-wraps and sells on ebay. One is currently listed. Hope this is an okay question to ask. Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

I don't think so. I think ANY re-wrap is going to be valued as a "player's drum"...meaning no collectible value, but still has a legit vintage sound and worth whatever it's worth to the player. You would do better to wait, save your money and get a the real deal when one comes up for auction or sale.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks - I'm sure you are right. I just wonder if when and if the real deal does come along I will be able to afford it.

Posted on 16 years ago

Get the re-wrap if the price is fair. You'll love having a matched set [finally]and when the real deal appears, sell the re-wrap and apply for a second mortgage to pay for the original.

DonS

Tucson

Posted on 16 years ago

From DonS

Get the re-wrap if the price is fair. You'll love having a matched set [finally]and when the real deal appears, sell the re-wrap and apply for a second mortgage to pay for the original. DonSTucson

What he said.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here