Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Proper Way To Clean Cymbals?

I have Zildjian cymbals. They aren't vintage. They are modern. Is there a safe (or better) way to clean cymbals? My cymbals have finger prints, smudges, and have what I describe as "coffee stains". It looks like brown copper color markings on my cymbals and I don't know what it is. What is it and how do I get it off/prevent it. (note: it only happened when they were new... they haven't done it since.)

Let me know if you need a picture.

THANKS!

You can call me Carter!
1980's Gretsch Red Rosewood
2000's Gretsch Catalina Birch
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Posted on 14 years ago

From warwormx

I have Zildjian cymbals. They aren't vintage. They are modern. Is there a safe (or better) way to clean cymbals? My cymbals have finger prints, smudges, and have what I describe as "coffee stains". It looks like brown copper color markings on my cymbals and I don't know what it is. What is it and how do I get it off/prevent it. (note: it only happened when they were new... they haven't done it since.)Let me know if you need a picture.THANKS!

Use zildjian cymbal cleaning polish. it comes in a bottle and it is for your cymbals, very good stuff, just follow the directions!!Walking

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Use zildjian cymbal cleaning polish. it comes in a bottle and it is for your cymbals, very good stuff, just follow the directions!!Walking

I didn't know there was such thing haha. Thanks!

You can call me Carter!
1980's Gretsch Red Rosewood
2000's Gretsch Catalina Birch
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Posted on 14 years ago

From warwormx

I didn't know there was such thing haha. Thanks!

Yeah, i was really meaning it is best to use the companies cymbal cleaner, also zildjian has several cleaners so get the right one for your cymbal,IE they have the professional cleaner fior their high end cymbals then they have a cleaner for the brass line, zbt,zxt etc,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here