Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Primer color question

I'm about to recover seven Slingy shells in white pearl. Looking at all the shells they are not all the same color. Some wood are a few shades darker than the others.

Precision Drum says:

"When recovering Mahogany, previously painted, stained or dyed shells in Antique White, White Pearl, Blue White Pearl, Continental, or Sky Blue Pearl, first apply one coat of sealer/primer to the shells and allow to dry thoroughly."

I'm wondering what color would be best. The lighter the better?

Most primers are gray. Or should I find white?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago

From PopsOldSkins

I'm about to recover seven Slingy shells in white pearl. Looking at all the shells they are not all the same color. Some wood are a few shades darker than the others.Precision Drum says:"When recovering Mahogany, previously painted, stained or dyed shells in Antique White, White Pearl, Blue White Pearl, Continental, or Sky Blue Pearl, first apply one coat of sealer/primer to the shells and allow to dry thoroughly."I'm wondering what color would be best. The lighter the better? Most primers are gray. Or should I find white? Thanks in advance.

I would ask what type of primer they suggest. My thought would be a flat white interior wall primer. My old WMP kit has a flat white base under it. Make sure to tape the edges prior to painting though. Look at my pix of the latest donor kit for a guideline if you need to see how I tape them.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Got the answer from Precision Drum.

They use this.

Zinsser brand BIN primer sealer. It's white.

Thanks Johnni

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here