Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Pricing on slingerland Solo set

Hey guys..I probably should have come to you first before posting but I have a mid 60's slingerland solo set posted for sale in the sale part of forum..it is champagne sparkle, has (2) 12 inch toms, 16:" floor tom adn 20" bass. set includes hi hat stand, 2 cymbal stands, bass pedal and drummers throne (all original equipment and all slingerland)

Check out the pictures in the post..

Interested in what you all think its worth..

Also curious as to your suggestions on whether to include a snare with the kit ( for some additional money of course) or leave it out..

I also have a rogers Black diamond pearl 3 piece set for sale directly below the slingerland..any feedback on that would be helpful as well..thanks

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Great color and sounds like great condition but the early Modern Solos get a bad rap for the two twelves and that tom clip mounting hardware that gives you very little flexibility... the catalog shows the kit with a COB Sound King...

I don't think you will get 1,600 for it alone. Stick a solid shell Artist Model behind it in a matching color... now you're talking getting phat money.

It's very nice... it would be great to see you get that money for it as offered.

Best of luck on it.

Of course this is all just one guys opinion. :)

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

I must say this is an interesting one.

Jim makes a good point - for whatever reason the dual 12's aren't the most popular. My fist thought was the price is too high. If you have the Krupa sound king to go with it you are in the right region. Just looking at the pics the kit is so clean it looks brand new. Even the hardware is mint. if you are willing to wait im sure you will come across the right buyer as that kit is a true collectors piece and just from the perpective of being 100% original and complete it pushes your price up. Looking at ebay, with the snare (which completes the kit) i would estimate 1400. but again this all depends on finding the right buyer.

it all comes down to how urgent the sale is

hit hard
Posted on 14 years ago

thanks guys...I guess I key to any of these sales is being patient and waiting for the right guy who is looking for exactly what your selling..

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here