Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Price Check

I saw these on cl, the badge on the snare and toms are Tempro Pro and the kick is Zim-Gar. They are asking $300, is that a fair price?

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

One more....

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

If it is in really nice shape and solid enough to gig out, it probably is worth $300. However, patience may still bring you an American made set for that kind of money, though it might have an extra hole or three. Most of the MIJ's on Craiglist can be had closer to the $150 to $200 range if you can drive there to negotiate. Interesting enough, if sold for $300, that kit is finally rising above its original cost. Those kits typically came with hardware and cheap cymbals too, so your losing a bit of value even so.

Posted on 8 years ago

I asked if he would take $200, from what I've heard on youtube, the MIJ kits can sound pretty good.

Posted on 8 years ago

You are going to get answers that vary from "firewood" to "love 'em". Personally I really enjoy playing & tweaking MIJ kits. My favourites are the older thinner shelled ones w/ re-rings. I wouldn't go over 200 US. I wish that I had brought an MIJ kit to my gig last night because I had the joy of watching 2 pints of beer land on my Premier kit......

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

From funkypoodle

You are going to get answers that vary from "firewood" to "love 'em". Personally I really enjoy playing & tweaking MIJ kits. My favourites are the older thinner shelled ones w/ re-rings. I wouldn't go over 200 US. I wish that I had brought an MIJ kit to my gig last night because I had the joy of watching 2 pints of beer land on my Premier kit......

Double tragedy!! Sticky drums and wasted beer... you poor bastard. I once spilled half a pint of Guinness on a second snare I took to a gig to try out - It was a 70s Pearl I'd just cleaned up and put new heads on, wanted to try it out - it was standing up on it's side next to my kit and like a tw@t I kicked over the half a glass of Guinness on the floor by my hats. Went all over the new head and into the rims and lugs. The language that came out of me...not pretty! So I sincerely sympathise! DOH

Posted on 8 years ago

From funkypoodle

From R.Adam McHugh

Double tragedy!! Sticky drums and wasted beer... you poor bastard. I once spilled half a pint of Guinness on a second snare I took to a gig to try out - It was a 70s Pearl I'd just cleaned up and put new heads on, wanted to try it out - it was standing up on it's side next to my kit and like a tw@t I kicked over the half a glass of Guinness on the floor by my hats. Went all over the new head and into the rims and lugs. The language that came out of me...not pretty! So I sincerely sympathise!

Thankfully I've never had anything spill on my drums, even with bar gigs. I always have bottled water on stage with me, or just a cup of water / ice. As far as price for the kit goes I think $200 is a fair offer. I see a lot of people asking $300+ because they are from the 1960's and " Vintage ". But age didn't make the quality of these drums go up. Personally I love my MIJ kits, always have and probably always will. They do sound good, but they have their sound.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

That`s 50$ a drum,...I`d try to go 200$ because of the six lug BD.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

Hello johnnyringo,

200.00 would be top money to drive over and pick them up

I would hold off on them for a few reasons

(1) they are mis-matched, (not only different badges but different builders)

(2) the bass being only a six lugger

(3) the wrap is pretty common

red and blue sparkle being the only two wraps that are more common

I would offer 150.00 at the most and feel fine about walking away for anything more

sometimes sellers ask a price based on a lack of knowledge

sometimes you can educate a seller and negotiate a better price and sometimes you cant

and still there are other times that the drums are not worth the extra effort to joust with the seller on his price

with all things considered here^ this is likely one of those times Hold off there are lots of better deals out there

Posted on 8 years ago

No one's asked if the cymbals come with it. Guy has a similar kit listed locally, (same era Pearl, and colour) currently asking $750.00 Cdn, down from $900. Has been listed for at least a year now.

Kick drum's a different era, and toms will not mount to it - hex mount toms, next to impossible to find correct mounting hardware - spade mounts probably replacing original hex mounts, (holes). Price is steep, even if kit was matched I think. Not even a spectacular wrap. You should be able to find something much better for that price.

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here