Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Presto Plate

Since I've just about given up on finding a Gretsch Micro-Sensitive Strainer to complete my 1958 Gretsch Snare project, I've been considering purchasing a Presto Plate.

Anybody out there have any experience with this product, good or bad?

All feedback is welcomed.

THANKS!Mallet Player2

Posted on 16 years ago

I built the web site for Presto Plate and know Ryan that makes and sells them. They even have some old original wrap they can use to try and match your shell.

I would consider using something that would work on other shells as well, so if and when you find the strainer of choice, sell the Presto Plate to the next guy missing the same strainer...

I'm sure others will chime in with other do-it yourself options...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Since I've just about given up on finding a Gretsch Micro-Sensitive Strainer to complete my 1958 Gretsch Snare project, I've been considering purchasing a Presto Plate.Anybody out there have any experience with this product, good or bad?All feedback is welcomed.THANKS!Mallet Player2

Steve Badalament (Innovation Drums) is now affiliated with Vic Firth and I saw his Micro-Sensitive reproduction, very nice and machined correctly to work but it still looks authentic...try that...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

David & Mike:

THANK YOU BOTH for your feedback! I'll certainly look into both methods of completing my Gretsch snare project.

I appreciate your time and shared knowledge!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here