Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

President set tiger eye

A local is selling these and they really have no clue what to list them at. What is a ball park figure for this 4 piece with pearl stands,hardware. Looks in good shape.

Posted on 3 years ago

I almost pulled the trigger on this drum set that is located about thirty miles from my house. Then, I remembered that i really don't like the feel and sound of stencil brand drums from this period. If it's still available and you like it, knock yourself out.

1 attachments
No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 3 years ago

The difference is that the president sets are not made of wood. They were Phnolic which is a resin. They are known to last longer than most drums and keep there finer bearing edges better than wood. They were top tier for Pearl and people are still seeking them out, which is why I was wondering how much they are worth, as a typical MIJ wood drum is only in the 300 to 400 range in top shape.

So the question I have is how much more are they worth than the lower end pearl and star type of MIJ?

On Reverb I saw that a five piece president set sold recently for over 1200 but also saw some single pieces with missing parts sold for only a couple hundred.

https://www.notsomoderndrummer.com/not-so-modern-drummer/2020/4/28/late-60s-made-in-japan-pearl-seamless-phenolic-kit

In fact Pearl has brought back a limited edition of only 75 sets of the new PRESIDENT SERIES PHENOLIC for there 75th aniversary. at a cost of 3500.

https://www.percussionsource.com/218471?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9_mDBhCGARIsAN3PaFOSuSIaFmHmETVnNh5VO5IQj2glcRKDPpRh4gjP77uLpaKCnnuKDIQaAqbsEALw_wcB

Posted on 3 years ago

Are all president kits made with the resin shells?

The gold grain pearl wrap is beautiful as are the other colors with that pattern.

Posted on 3 years ago

From what I read on different websites and wiki pages they were all resin. Interesting thing is that only catalogs I have seen that feature the president line are japanese. One owner of a set said that they were never promoted in the states. Which makes me wonder how people are finding them now and again here in the used market

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here