Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

premierkit

Hi, wondering if anyone can help identify these, or has any information, anything really, the bass drum is 24" ,the tom is 14" and the floor tom is a 18", I was told 1970's, any thoughts? regards michael

Posted on 13 years ago

a better view of the wood inside , it didn't download with the others

Posted on 13 years ago

At a guess, i would suggest that these drums are "orphans" from a mid to late 70s "D717" kit.

The D717 was a very popular set up at the time (I have one! But I had to wait 30 years to get one.... harrumph!) and they are appearing regularly complete, or in bits. The kit was essentially a fashionable concert tom (single head) set up consisting 13x9, 14x10, 15x12, 16x15 concert toms with a double headed 18x15 floor tom and a 24x14 bass drum.

The 14x10 tom is the clincher; this drum would have been the 2nd from the left and therefore with it's badge to the right (from the drum stool) of the tom mount. Your drum clearly has evidence of the badge being removed from this position and relocated to the left of the mount (sadly in the wrong place - it needs to be a little higher!). Furthermore, the use of batter side 436-20 lugs (factory fitted) and the same on the reso side (not factory fitted as Premier, when requested to make toms with these lugs on both sides would always stagger them) points to a concert conversion to a double headed drum.

The holes on the 14 on the reso side will probably show signs of ply blowout unless they have been carefully drilled by a wood craftsman. Other than that, it's a cool set up and many a 70s kit has been earning it's keep like this.

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 13 years ago

Wow thanks for that! amazingly detailed reply, I wondered why the tom looked strange, I haven't actually played it yet, but i'm looking forward to it.

Thankyou very much Mikeellis!! Regards Michael

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here